  From: Marcus Sundberg <e94_msu@elixir.e.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 17:50:55 +0200

Re: Repository bits & pieces

> Firstly, I'd like to remove the following files from the repository :
>
>     kgicon/util/con2fbmap
>     kgicon/util/fbset/fbset
>     kgicon/util/fbset/fbset.o
>     kgicon/util/fbset/lex.yy.c
>     kgicon/util/fbset/modes.tab.c
>     kgicon/util/fbset/modes.tab.o
>
> They are generated by Makefiles, so nothing is lost, and I'm just tired
> of seeing them marked 'M' by cvs update.  Any objections ?

Nope, take it away.
One thing before you delete the fbset binary though:

fbset.h uses __u32 which is only defined in asm/types.h
which I assume that the broken libc5 headers include.
Glibc however does not do that so I added an
#include <asm/types.h>

Please test if it causes any problems on libc5 systems.

> Secondly, there are many files in the repository that have the
> "auto-add-cvs-logs-to-the-comments" thang (the $Log to be precise), and
> I'd like to propose we get rid of that.  Look at lib/libggi/stubs.c:
> 176 lines out of 420 are just the cvs logs.   It also causes compiler
> warnings if the log message just happens to contain '/*', e.g. when
> talking about filenames: "I moved blah/* to foo/*".  [And what about
> '*/' ?  Does CVS guard against that ??]
>
> I was thinking of replacing them with just :
>
>        $Revision$  $Date$
>
> What do you think ?

Does that show who changed the file last?
If not I suggest using $Id$ instead.