  From: Tristan Wibberley <twibberley@llamacom.com>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 14:50:40 +0100

Re: libggi release (was Re: libggi internals (Re: LibGGI3D RFC))

Marcus Sundberg wrote:

> > I've thought it will be called 1.5, but 2.0 makes sense anyway since we've
> > been doing major changes...
>
> Defenitely. Actually I would like to call it 1.0, because that's what
> it really is, but there seems to have been some version-number
> inflation back before I joined the GGI project...
>
> //Marcus

I thought that the current 1.4 was the version of the API, and that the
real version was 0.1.0

The changes to the API haven't been *that* huge have they? There's the
same extension mechanism and things are still mostly done the same
(isn't it mainly just some functions to access data, and the way the
data is represented have changed?), so the API version should be 1.5,
and the libggi release version should be 1.0b1, no?

Bear in mind that I'm relativly new to the project so I'm probably wrong
:)

--
Tristan