  From: Andrew Apted <ajapted@netspace.net.au>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 19:04:44 +1000

Repository bits & pieces

Firstly, I'd like to remove the following files from the repository :

    kgicon/util/con2fbmap
    kgicon/util/fbset/fbset
    kgicon/util/fbset/fbset.o
    kgicon/util/fbset/lex.yy.c
    kgicon/util/fbset/modes.tab.c
    kgicon/util/fbset/modes.tab.o

They are generated by Makefiles, so nothing is lost, and I'm just tired
of seeing them marked 'M' by cvs update.  Any objections ?

Secondly, there are many files in the repository that have the
"auto-add-cvs-logs-to-the-comments" thang (the $Log to be precise), and
I'd like to propose we get rid of that.  Look at lib/libggi/stubs.c:
176 lines out of 420 are just the cvs logs.   It also causes compiler
warnings if the log message just happens to contain '/*', e.g. when
talking about filenames: "I moved blah/* to foo/*".  [And what about
'*/' ?  Does CVS guard against that ??]

I was thinking of replacing them with just :

       $Revision$  $Date$

What do you think ?

Cheers,
                                               \  /