  From: Steve Cheng <elmert@ipoline.com>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 02:16:00 -0400 (EDT)

libggi release (was Re: libggi internals (Re: LibGGI3D RFC))

Haven't been hacking libGGI for a few days, and being flooded with all that
3d stuff, but I noticed this:

On Fri, 21 Aug 1998, Marcus Sundberg wrote:

> My plans for libggi is that when Andy gets back it'll take maybe
> two weeks to set the API in stone.

Barring last minute changes, I think we should try to release some sort of
libGGI (beta) as soon as Andy gets back.  I mean, fbcon is going to be
official, should have a library to go with it too :-)

> Then a few more weeks to implement
> it to 100% for the most common targets. After that it's time to relase

What do you mean by implementing it to 100% for most common targets?

Maybe support some weird X modes, or ModeX DirectBuffer (is that
"interleaved planar"?) ??

It's gonna take a while to have targets support all libGGI features, and
it's not "crucial" to have those working, so we shouldn't wait till it's
100% implemented before releasing.

> libggi Beta1, which will be announced on COLA. And I hope we can have
> a rock-solid libggi 2.0.0 out by December, with a few targets possibly
> marked as "experimental".

I've thought it will be called 1.5, but 2.0 makes sense anyway since we've
been doing major changes...

--
Steve Cheng

email: steve@ggi-project.org