  From: Sengan Baring-Gould <sengan@seqnet.net>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 22:03:24 -0600

Re: Kgicon & the sysctl stuff

Ok solved it: DO NOT DO THE FOLLOWING:

                struct ctl_table tmp_ctl
                        = {idx+1, name, NULL, 0, 0555};

as a local variable in a function. Gcc appears to save
the space on the stack and make it zero with memset.

Instead do:

               struct ctl_table tmp_ctl;
                tmp_ctl.name = idx+1;
                tmp_ctl.procname = name;
                tmp_ctl.data = NULL;
                tmp_ctl.maxlen = 0555;

It does not try to clean the rest up to zeroes if you do it
like this. I assume having bogus values is ok for the other
fields since you're not setting them up right anyway... right?

Other than that, the mediaGx driver seems to insert
without problem on a 5510/ICS 5543 machine, but I have
no cursor. Also I'm not sure whether I'm running it or
something else -- how can I be sure?

By the way how do I make the /dev/fb... nodes? (Part of the
reason I'm unsure whether MediaGX is working).

Sengan