  From: Andrew Apted <ajapted@netspace.net.au>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sat, 22 Aug 1998 13:04:08 +1000

Re: still no KGICON working...

teunis writes:

>  Umm... here's my CONFIG_FB section....

[SNIP OK looking config]

>  (I didn't figure there were any probs with the fonts)
>  I'm now running 2.1.117...  any other info needed?
>
>  VGA driver (I've gone -nowhere- near KGIcon here) inserted with mode
>  (640,400,1bpp,all else default) results in a pretty black screen with
>  occasional data appearing as I switch VT's.  Looks like it's not rendering
>  properly.
>
>  I'm using timelist/VESA monitor driver at the moment because I'm -really-
>  paranoid about which monitor I should use and am playing it safe...

Have you tried the monosync/VGA monitor driver ?  I'm really not sure if
the other monitor drivers work.

Also specifying "kgicon_virty=400" may help.

And you've got both "CONFIG_VGA_CONSOLE=y" and "CONFIG_FB_VGA=y" in your
config, so I assume that vgafb (the latter) will win out over vgacon
(the former).  Therefore, are you doing a "con2fbmap 0 1" ?

Cheers,
                                               \  /
  Andrew Apted   <andrew@ggi-project.org>       \/