  From: teunis <teunis@computersupportcentre.com>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 14:28:40 -0700 (MST)

RE: LibGGI3D RFC

On Thu, 20 Aug 1998, Kostya Vasilyev wrote:

> : 	Might want to look into caching within the display target.  You
> : could preload the target's cache by doing the pointer lookup once and
> : dumping the data into the cache at the start of rendering.  Or even
> : persistent caching from render op to render op, if this was appropriate.
>
> If you are talking about caching the vertex data, this will only be useful
> if you put geometry accelration into LibGGI3D and allow the application to
> tweak matrices.

Nah - doesn't need that.  Just need to be able to update the cached data
from whatever app's generating 'em.

I'm thinking alot that -some- varient of an OpenGL-like system is in
order...  (perhaps that block of "code" I posted before with a few
changes :)

Vertexes -have- to be present.  But grouping them and doing
offset-references is faster for groups of triangles/whatever.  (having two
caches - one for vertexes and one for normals - is only applicable if you
HAVE vertex-modifying code somewhere.  It IS in hardware but usually won't
so that's the job of another extension....

G'day, eh? :)
	- Teunis