  From: Emmanuel Marty <core@suntech.fr>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 15:59:53 +0000

Short CVS downtime thursday aug.27

Hello everyone,

Sorry for being quiet lately, I'm quite busy with work :( I'm still reading
the mailing list closely and I'm very happy of the kgicon progress :)

Sengan, I'll port the MediaGX driver to fbcon, unless you really want to :) And
I need docs on the ICS 9159M clock chip, if you have any; I couldn't
find any register-level spec at ics website .. I have someone with
a 5510 board based on that chip (Bob Nicksic, I saw he mailed the list) and
I'd like to get the driver to run on his system too :)

The central CVS repository (degas.ggi-project.org aka cvs.ggi-project.org)
will be unreachable for about 4 hours, starting around 10 AM GMT,
next thursday (august 27 if i'm not mistaken). I will make sure that noone has
a commit session open when I disconnect our network, but please make
sure to stop committing before that time. I will post to the list as soon as
the network is reachable again. It will take at least 2 1/2 hours, and should
take at most 4.

I apologize for that downtime - there hadn't been any so far - but I am making
important upgrades (once for all) to our connectivity and this cannot be
avoided.
Once the system is back up, it will be routed differently; it should improve
connectivity to Europe (outside of France), please let me know about that.
Connectivity to the US was already very good (or I've been told so), it will
stay
the same.

Other ggi-project services that I host (DNS and mail exchanger) shouldn't be
affected, as they will be handled by a temporary connection (that couldn't cope
with CVS) during the downtime.

About that execute permissions thing, they are lost either during the mirror
to the anonymous repository at todd fries' place, or during the cvs update from
synergy. I really thought it was fixed, I'll work with Todd and nail this down
once for all. I could of course let Chris update from the central repository
directly, but this will be faster for him if he updates from Todd. Up to you
guys.

That's all for now :)

--
Emmanuel