  From: Bob Nicksic <nicksic@enteract.com>
  To  : 'ggi-develop@eskimo.com' <ggi-develop@eskimo.com>
  Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 05:43:35 -0500

Unsupported clock chip

Greetings all GGI folk,
	I have a MediaGX machine, and am therefore very interrested in your
project, and commend you forr all the work that you have put into it so
far.  I do have a couple of problems, if anyone can spare a few moments of
their time.  For general info purposes my setup is as follows:

MediaGX 180 MHz
5510 companion chip
ICS 9159M clock chip
64 MB RAM
850 MB HD
2.1.117 kernel which compiled perfectly
980820 devel snapshot which does not compile very well at all

	As you can see, problem #1 is the unsupported clock chip.  Is anyone out
there working on a driver for said chip, and if so, when can it be
expected?  I had been corresponding with Emmanuel about the clock driver a
couple of weeks ago, but I havn't heard back from him yet.  I can only
imagine how busy he is.
	My second problem is that kgi won't compile for me.  I run into a couple
of things like "can't find kgi/maintainers.h" and "can't find kgi/module.h"
when I run make config.  I also am unable to select the GX accelerated
option under make config.  It will let me choose just about anything but
that.  I manually changed .config but make still did not work.  I am an
admitted newbie, and unsure how to grab the output of make so that I can
post it. If anyone can offer a little guidance, that would really be great.
 I would really like to help out in some way, but havn't done any coding
since my '88-'89 pascal/fortran class.  If there is anything I can do,
including being the GX guinea pig, please let me know.  I do subscribe to
the mailing list and try to follow what you guys are doing, even though
most of it is over my head.  I guess it would help if I actually learned C.

Thanks,

Bob Nicksic