  From: Marcus Sundberg <e94_msu@elixir.e.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 12:22:55 +0200

Re: Can I do that ?

> > The so-called  "KGI drivers"
> > should include in fact two modules, one to be loaded by the kernel and
> > one  by libggi.
>
> 	Kernel modules cannot be loaded without root privileges.  If you
> ran part of LibGGI as root daemon, it could maybe do something like this.
> This starts to look like Linus' "superserver" concept.

I think what he meant is that a KGI driver should be accompanied by
a special libbggi driver-library that is optimized for that driver.
And this is exactly what the idea of libggi is. However we lost this
functionality in KGI when we wrapped it in the much less advanced
fbcon API. But fbcon supports passing unknown commands on to the
hardware driver (in this case the KGI driver), so this functionality
will be readded soon.

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan
       Stockholm, Sweden       |      E-Mail: e94_msu@e.kth.se