  From: Marcus Sundberg <e94_msu@elixir.e.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 12:07:52 +0200

Re: Kgicon & the sysctl stuff

> Marcus writes:
>
> >  > Not only is that not ANSI, it causes the above problem.  ARGH !!!
> >  > Somebody please fix that.  I had hoped to get text modes working
> >  > tonight, grumble grumble...
> >
> >  ???
> >  You mean your compiler inserts a memset() at that point?
>
> Yep.  God knows why.  Stock gcc 2.7.2.1.

Well, I may now happily announce that fbcon-kgi.c already uses
memset() in places that I have not touched, and it doesn't cause
any unresolved symbols for me! This makes the problem even more
confusing...

You haven't enabled module-versioning when you compiled your kernel,
have you?

Anyway I have changed the problematic code now, does this version
work for you?

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan
       Stockholm, Sweden       |      E-Mail: e94_msu@e.kth.se