  From: teunis <teunis@computersupportcentre.com>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 18:35:37 -0700 (MST)

DirectBuffer extension requests?!(!) (was Re: LibGGI3D RFC)

On Thu, 20 Aug 1998, Marcus Sundberg wrote:

> > Supposedly DirectBuffer handles this.  Will someone -please- tell me the
> > status on non-primary-display DirectBuffers?!?!?!?!??!
> > WHAT NEEDS DOING?
>
> Well, someone needs to write an extension that provides functions
> to request such buffers, and then someone needs to add functions
> for this into the KGI API, that's all. ;-)

Okay - please!
Any ideas?
This'll be handy for lotsa stuff (movie players, anything with BITBLT (X
comes to mind), 3D textures, videocards with subwindow support, font
videomodes it'd be handy for fast blitting :])

I really don't know.  I've been fighting with one -weird- system for the
last six months and have kind of forgotten how to write GGI extensions/etc
(though I'm still mucking with drivers :)

G'day, eh? :)
	- Teunis