  From: teunis <teunis@computersupportcentre.com>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 13:44:33 -0700 (MST)

Re: LibGGI3D RFC

On Thu, 20 Aug 1998, Jon M. Taylor wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Aug 1998, teunis wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 19 Aug 1998, Jon M. Taylor wrote:
> >
> > > On Wed, 19 Aug 1998, teunis wrote:
> >
> > [clip]

> > > 	The higher layers could clip during tesellation, and as such
> > > they'd be able to take all those coordinates into account.
> >
> > Ah - so the only clipping libGGI3D would do would be?
>
> 	Render-side clipping. if anything.
>
> > I'm curious, as moving any of the X,Y[,Z] coordinates will affect the
> > remainder of the coordinate list...
>
> 	For one triangle this shouldn't be a problem.  For a set, you do
> what you can.

so what happens if you clip a triangle and you lose the corner [u,v]
coordinates?  All of a sudden your texture is moving around when it gets
clipped.  The same happens for colourblending when you have discrete
colour components per-corner - all of a sudden your blends get messed
up...

How do you mean to handle this?

> > > 	Right.
> >
> > So how does this work?
>
> 	Attach it as a struct to the visual.

not what i meant *sigh*.  I mean how do you expect clipping to work?

[clip]
> > Though there should be some kind of internal mechanism for handling
> > display memory!  (so it doesn't get all fragmented and can be used
> > effectively!)
>
> 	I guess the buffer system doesn't *have* to be in a target.  AAIK
> is isn't(?) in LibGGI2D.

Supposedly DirectBuffer handles this.  Will someone -please- tell me the
status on non-primary-display DirectBuffers?!?!?!?!??!
WHAT NEEDS DOING?

G'day, eh? :)
	- Teunis