  From: Nikita Proskourine <nop1@cornell.edu>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 10:43:52 -0400

Re: fresh install

At 03:56 PM 8/20/98 +0200, you wrote:

>Hi, could someone please point me to info about doing a fresh kgi
>install on a linux 2.1.116 kernel? Trying to follow the instructions
>in the recent snapshot archives didn't work very well. Or I seriously
>misunderstood something. For example, trying to do "make patch_kernel"
>like the README.INSTALL says, the Makefile seems to expect a "patches"
>directory which is not there.

As Marcus Sundberg pointed out to me, the latest developement snapshot
requires *NO* kernel patching at all and you shouldn't try to do it.
Snapshots also improve very quickly, so "recent" should be defined as no
more than 2-3 days old. A week-old snapshot is considered "old". Get the
latest devel snapshot.
Take a look at degas/kgicon/README.INSTALL for Marcus's instructions.

Cheers.
Nikita.