  From: teunis <teunis@computersupportcentre.com>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 18:28:16 -0700 (MST)

Re: LibGGI3D RFC

On Wed, 19 Aug 1998, Jon M. Taylor wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Aug 1998, Olivier Galibert wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Aug 18, 1998 at 10:02:00PM -0700, Jon M. Taylor wrote:
> > > 	Your points are mostly good, but I have to maintain
> > > representational independence in order to be able to support a lot of
> > > different types of hardware and software schemes.  If I stay away from
> > > buffers, I can use them when needed and still be able to do direct
> > > rendering in software or hardware when needed.
> >
> > Something is not clear.  Will I be able  to render some triangles in a
> > buffer,
>
> 	Sure.  Just draw to a buffer-target, 2D or 3D.
>
> > use the result  as a texture,
>
> 	I guess you meant a 2D buffer.  Sure you could.
>
> > and  then that another time?
>
> 	?  I'm not sure what you mean.  If you mean "and then render another
> set of triangles to the buffer and use them as a texture again", sure.  Of
> course, this secondary texture buffer scheme will have to be supported by
> the display target and the texturing shader, but it could be done.

As soon as a "texturebuffer" request method has been designed to request
texturebuffers for 3D ops *grin* then someone should write a "texturemap
target" for GGI, yes? :)

'twould be simple.  The only difference between this and a memory-buffer
is that the texture memory may (usually will) be located on the videoram
rather than system ram.

G'day, eh? :)
	- Teunis