  From: Olivier Galibert <galibert@pobox.com>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 01:42:14 +0200

Re: LibGGI3D RFC

On Wed, Aug 19, 1998 at 03:23:41PM -0700, Jon M. Taylor wrote:
> 	?  I'm not sure what you mean.  If you mean "and then render another
> set of triangles to the buffer and use them as a texture again", sure.  Of
> course, this secondary texture buffer scheme will have to be supported by
> the display target and the texturing shader, but it could be done.

Yes, I meant that.  I saw a demo of the results of such approaches, it
was  impressive.  IIRC, three passes  were done (render, use result as
texture for second rendering, use  second result as texture for  third
rendering, show third  rendering),  in realtime (60fps, 3200x768,  not
fully boosted Infinite Reality).

Another  use of 3D  cards here (french CS research  center)  is to use
them  to  compute  the  visibility factors in   a scene  for radiosity
computing by having  the  hardware render   the scene without   lights
effects,  encoding each patch with  a unique color,  and then transfer
back the picture and count the pixels.  I guess it will be possible to
do that with libggi3d for  the rendering and  libggi2d to get back the
result?

  OG.

PS: I'm not working  within the team  doing computer graphics,  I only
happen to know some of them.