  From: Andrew Apted <ajapted@netspace.net.au>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 03:01:14 +1000

Re: keyboard.h changes

Marcus writes:

>  > It is just the current assumption in GGI Console that GGI keysym ==
>  > Linux keysym that is worrying me, but that can probably be fixed
>  > fairly easily.
>
>  We shouldn't care about compability with something that isn't even
>  done yet.

The question is "who does events.h and keyboard.h belong to ?"
Recently, the answer has been "EvStack and LibGGI".  Ages ago, the
answer was "the KGI console, and LibGGI".  The point is, it is *shared*
between two/three projects, and while that is true, we *should* care.

Now the idea of breaking away, and moving events.h and keyboard.h into
lib/libggi/include/ggi (and thereby becoming a part of the LibGGI API
and not shared anymore) is worth considering.  I don't know.  That's a
big move...

>  I think that the changes you proposed will make the libggi
>  API more intuitive when it comes to keyboard handling, and if
>  nobody objects to the _API_ then we shall implement it.

Jason seems O.K. with it (it's not like it's a massive change), so yeah
we'll implement it :->.

Cheers...
                                               \  /
  Andrew Apted   <andrew@ggi-project.org>       \/