  From: Jason McMullan <jmcc@ontv.com>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: 3 Aug 1998 18:29:57 GMT

Re: Removal of GGI Console from Degas

Rodolphe Ortalo <ortalo@laas.fr> wrote with confidence:
> On 3 Aug 1998, Jason McMullan wrote:
>>   The GGI Console code is moving out of the Degas distrib. and
>> into it's own CVS tree on one of my servers (in the US).
>
> Why ?

	Because it's going to change a lot, has nothing
to do with the current KGI subsystem in Degas, and is
pre-pre-pre alpha. It confuses people.

>>   Anyhow, if I get no `nay' votes by midnight EST (GMT+5),
>> I'm pruning these directories from the Degas CVS:
>> 	degas/os
>> 	degas/include/kgi
>> 	degas/kgi
>
> NAY !

	Really?  If people want anonymous access to the
GGI Console CVS tree, just give me email and I'll set it up
and post the CVS path.

	Developers can simply send me their usernames and
crypt()ed passwords to be added to the CVS list.

--
Jason McMullan - Linux - GGI - http://pepsi.visus.com/~jmcc

On the wonderful world of Microsoft Products:

  Why put fault tolerance in the OS, when it's
  already built into the User?
	-- Steve Shaw <nospamola_sbshaws@kc-primary.net>
	   comp.os.linux.advocacy