  From: Andrew Apted <ajapted@netspace.net.au>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Wed, 19 Aug 1998 13:21:04 +1000

Re: keyboard.h changes

Marcus writes:

>  Current Linux apps (and kernel functions) doesn't have a clue
>  about what a ggi_key_event is, so I can't possibly see any
>  reason to why the content of ggi_key_event should depend on
>  Linux keysyms at all.   If GGI Console wants compability, which it
>  must if it ever wants to get into the kernel, it needs to convert
>  from/to ggi_key_event to what Linux uses regardless of what's inside
>  ggi_key_event.

GGI Console is using ggi_key_events to pass around key events (from
keyboard driver -> keymapper -> xterm emulator), so the definition of
"ggi_key_event" directly affects GGI Console.  It is just the current
assumption in GGI Console that GGI keysym == Linux keysym that is
worrying me, but that can probably be fixed fairly easily.

Cheers,
                                               \  /
  Andrew Apted   <andrew@ggi-project.org>       \/