  From: Jon M. Taylor <taylorj@ecs.csus.edu>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 16:16:38 -0700 (PDT)

Trio patches (Re: 2D *grin*)

On Tue, 18 Aug 1998, teunis wrote:

> So what's the status on libGGI2D?
> (I just tried compiling it)
>
> Gotta start somewhere for 3D, right?  So I figured looking at another
> (hopefully working) library.
>
> Incidentally, I've got some patches for the Trio64V+ driver to support the
> Trio64V2 that I'll send to whomever-it-concerns later...  (unless this too
> should be a different driver?  It's a different chipset....)

	Send 'em over.  It's the size, nature and complexity of the
changes that'll determine whether we should split thr drivers.  My hunch
is that it won't, but we'll see.  Also there is a guy I have been talking
to by e-mail who is going to be doing Trio64 work as well.  If either or
both of you are planning on doing serious work, you should get CVS access
from Emmanuel.  Last, apparently the S3 SDK source *is* legit, S3 was just
doing its normal right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing
thing.  Anyway, you should get a copy of that source if you don't already
have it, because in addition to a lot of low-level Trio/Virge programming
code it has a LOT of 3D code.  Should help a lot in getting the Virge KGI
drivers up and running with 3D.

	Jon

---
becoming one with God.'