  From: teunis <teunis@computersupportcentre.com>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 11:26:40 -0700 (MST)

Re: Multiheaded Millennium works fine!

On Tue, 18 Aug 1998, Dan Hollis wrote:

> On Tue, 18 Aug 1998, Marcus Sundberg wrote:
> > Well as the subject says multihead worked great.
>
> Time to start a multihead compatibility matrix?

S3 ViRGE, S3 Trio64V+ - currently the initialization requires port access.
	As primary card : goes into MMIO and then is multihead friendly
	As secondary card : -must- be loaded after primary driver goes
		into MMIO mode (or moves somewhere outside of std. vga
		region).
	! These cards are (afaik) compatible with -any- MMIO-based card.
	  The drivers themselves aren't incredibly multihead-setup but
	  should work fine...

I cheated a wee bit in my debug code and got a Trio64V+ driver loaded
as secondary driver (with no primary driver loaded) - but this required
knowing that my primary display was a ViRGE :)
[wanted to debug Trio64V+ driver so I could get a stable display for
working on the ViRGE driver.... :]

G'day, eh? :)
	- Teunis