  From: teunis <teunis@computersupportcentre.com>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 11:37:25 -0700 (MST)

Re: 3d

On Tue, 18 Aug 1998, Olivier Galibert wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 18, 1998 at 04:25:52PM +0200, Christian Reiniger wrote:
> > I for my part would like to see some minimalistic hardware abstraction lib
> > (libggi3d) with Mesa/OpenGL sitting on top of it.
>
> What are  you  going to do with  cards  (next glint, next  voodoo, sgi
> ones) with direct opengl support?

*heh* - this is why I back OpenGL as the user-end side of things :)
Everything lower-level than that is too incomplete to fully support modern
hardware..

(although - a simple libGGI3d is a good idea :)  I'll finish rewriting
mine (now!) and post when I've got a working one.  I'm now going to use
Java as the debug-environment.  Had enough of trying to patch my own
system together (ran out of patience).  Maybe in a week or two :)

G'day, eh? :)
	- Teunis