  From: Marcus Sundberg <e94_msu@elixir.e.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 16:55:46 +0200

Re: Kernel 2.1.x on Debian?

> Hi folks,
>
> As usual customer crises have reduced my time, so yet again I'm starting
> over.
> Nevermind. I bought Debian 2.0 since I thought this should be easier to
> upgrade
> kernels with. What I'm wondering is whether there are any gotchas to
> keep in
> mind when trying a new kernel out with a fresh installation of Debian
> 2.0. Any
> web pages I should have a look at? How important is upgrading procps ?

I suggest that you read Documentation/Changes in the kernel sources
and upgrade all mentioned packages (it can also be found online at
http://www.linuxhq.com/change21.html), even if not all upgrades are
strictly neccesary it'll probably save you some trouble.

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan
       Stockholm, Sweden       |      E-Mail: e94_msu@e.kth.se