  From: becka@rz.uni-duesseldorf.de
  To  : Kien Pham <xengren@yahoo.com>
  Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 14:03:36 +0200 (MET DST)

Re: Porting Java AWT to GGI.

Hi !

> From xengren@yahoo.com Mon Aug  3 11:30:19 1998
> Hmmm. Has anyone thought of porting the Java AWT API to GGI?

I'm sure someone thought about it, but noone has seriously tried yet
AFAIK.

Note that I am forwarding to the Mailing list to see if I am right ...

> The
> widgets could use JNI to wrap the Corba components to use Berlin as
> the peers. First of all, a small java.awt.Canvas could be written to
> take an entire GGI display context. This could be useful for people
> who want to write fast Java games. This would be easy too. I could
> probably swing the Canvas part.

This would be great. Every new program or lib available for GGI is a win.

Webpages at http://www.ggi-project.org/ for instructions) and give it
a try ...

CU,Andy

--