  From: Sengan Baring-Gould <sengan@seqnet.net>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 20:38:51 -0600

Kernel 2.1.x on Debian?

Hi folks,

As usual customer crises have reduced my time, so yet again I'm starting
over.
Nevermind. I bought Debian 2.0 since I thought this should be easier to
upgrade
kernels with. What I'm wondering is whether there are any gotchas to
keep in
mind when trying a new kernel out with a fresh installation of Debian
2.0. Any
web pages I should have a look at? How important is upgrading procps ?

I'll be trying to get VGA to work first, and then the MediaGX driver.
Jon, remember
that kind offer to port the MediaGX driver to kgicon... I hope that now
would be the
right time -- barring any new crises at work.

Thanks,

Sengan