  From: James A Simmons <jsimmons@acsu.buffalo.edu>
  To  : ggi-develop <ggi-develop@eskimo.com>
  Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 22:10:23 -0400 (EDT)

RIVA chip support.

Yes I have asked for docs for the RIVA chipset from nriva. This chip is
very popular in gateways. So hopefully they will be fully supported of
your work. Also Diamond has just recently decided to use this chip instead
of the S3 chipset for some of its cards. Another plus for us. On the down
side I will be busy with the TGA kgicon driver and ATI Mach64 (once I have
the driver docs) so support will be delayed for awhile on this chipset.
Another plus is there is no XFree86 server support. If I can get RIVA to help
us then what a plus.