  From: teunis <teunis@computersupportcentre.com>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 18:30:22 -0700 (MST)

RE: 3d

On Mon, 17 Aug 1998, David Waite wrote:

> > *heh*  I -still- don't have a working OpenGL system *deep
> > sigh*.  Having
>
> Whats the problem? No probs getting things to work here.

It's -my- code.  Not anyone else's.  Ergo noone else to blame.  Mesa (last
I checked) works fine.... but it's been a bit :)

> > trouble with how to handle error-conditions.  (I -really-
> > want exceptions
> > but that doesn't seem such a good idea for some sections [ie: 3D
> > rendering] but can't think of a better way of doing it.  If
> > anyone has any
> > ideas PLEASE let me know.  But TWO rules:  (1) Code is
> > multithreaded so
> > method must be reentrant (no 'errno') (object-oriented is handy).
> (2)
> > Absolutely -no- C++.  I can't use it.])
>
> how about java? Magician (looking...
> http://www.arcana.co.uk/products/magician)
> is a java wrapper for Opengl, which works for Mesa GL on linux and MS's OGL
> implementation on Windows, and is a proposed standard to the ARB). Quite
> fast on this machine, too. Not as fast as say C calling OGL, but still
> rather nice.

not not not not what I'm looking for.
*sigh*

Guess I should have been more specific:
	I'm just stuck on how to setup error handling in Objective C (or
just plain C).  Exceptions are perfect but I haven't figured out how to
patch egcs to allow exceptions anywhere outside of C++.  Returncodes would
work - providing I'm not trying to return, say, a handle to a datatype
that could error out.  Or a floating-point value.  This is a long story
and I shouldn't have asked about it (sorry).  Global variables don't cut
it (not thread-safe).

G'day, eh? :)
	- Teunis