  From: Marcus Sundberg <e94_msu@elixir.e.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 22:51:29 +0200

Re: Matrox update.

> > Do you know if the Millennium driver is capable of waking up a
> > card that was disabled by the BIOS at boot?
>
> No I haven't done it yet.
> Why does you have to wake it up. Why doesn't the bios just disable the VGA
> regs/memory region?

Well, I don't actually know what it does, I don't have very big
knowledge about BIOSes and video-card internals. :)

> > Btw, is there really no way to get a real 320x200 mode from a
> > Millennium (II) in MMIO mode?
>
> No I don't think so. It only works in vga compatible mode.
> How does DirectX do it, maybe it's not MMIO only.

Probably, at least with DirectX 5 as it's purely single-head.
I wonder about DirectX 6/win98 though...

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan
       Stockholm, Sweden       |      E-Mail: e94_msu@e.kth.se