  From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Jonas_Borgstr=F6m?= <jonas_b@bitsmart.com>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 22:19:10 +0200

Re: Matrox update.

On Mon, Aug 17, 1998 at 09:58:14PM +0200, Marcus Sundberg wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have committed a few small Matrox Millennium driver changes.
> >
> > I have added a ramdac_mhz parameter in fbcon-kgi.c.
> > You can use it to supply the correct mhz value for you TI ramdac.
> > The default value is 135 MHz.
> >
> > You can use it like this:
> >
> > ./insert ramdac_mhz=_your_mhz_value_
> >
> > Is there a way to detect the MHz value of the TI tvp3026 radac?
> >
> > Is there anybody on this list who can test multiheading with at least one
> > Matrox Millennium card? I can't.
>
> I have a Matrox Millennium II in my box and a Cirrus Logic 5430 which I can
> put in for testing. The CL542x driver worked on the Cirrus board in the Dali
> days, has anyone tried it with kgicon?

Thanks that would be great..

> Do you know if the Millennium driver is capable of waking up a
> card that was disabled by the BIOS at boot?

No I haven't done it yet.
Why does you have to wake it up. Why doesn't the bios just disable the VGA
regs/memory region?

> In any case I'll give it a shot.
>
> Btw, is there really no way to get a real 320x200 mode from a
> Millennium (II) in MMIO mode?

No I don't think so. It only works in vga compatible mode.
How does DirectX do it, maybe it's not MMIO only.

/ Jonas
       Jonas Borgström <jonas_b@bitsmart.com>
  ZipCracker http://www.algonet.se/~jonas_b/zipcracker