  From: Marcus Sundberg <e94_msu@elixir.e.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 19:53:01 +0200

Re: I have seen the.. umm.. demo!

> Working with kgicon last night, I was able to get output!

Yep, kgicon works pretty well for me too. What we need to make
the kgicon/libggi combination truly rock is:
* Changing modes inside the fbdev target - shouldn't be too hard.
* Getting squake (until zoids does a GGI port, I've offered to give
  him all the help he wants, but haven't recieved any reply yet),
  executor SVGA and other binary-only SVGAlib apps with the SVGAlib
  wrapper on the fbdev target.

  The basic work for this is already done - squake-on-SVGAlib-
  wrapper runs fine on the X-target, including changing modes and
  complete keyboard and mouse support, so it's just a matter
  of fixing the bugs that prevents Quake from running on the fbdev
  target.
* Unifying the monitor-drivers so that everything is runtime
  setable.
* Moving to Linux's configuration-system so we may get kgicon
  into 2.2 if at all possible.

* A libgwt that has basic functionality working and stubs for
  most other things as soon as possible. I won't say anything
  more at this point but I have some pretty exciting ideas
  involving libgwt...

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan
       Stockholm, Sweden       |      E-Mail: e94_msu@e.kth.se