  From: David Waite <mass@ufl.edu>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 12:45:23 -0400

I have seen the.. umm.. demo!

Working with kgicon last night, I was able to get output!

First I got visible output with the vga driver (640x480x1, is there a way to
get 640x480x4 to work?). With this, I was able to get demo to run (it
segfaulted on me until I realized for some reason it was trying the kgi
target. setting FRAMEBUFFER fixed this)

Then I tried a bit last night to get things to work with the S3 driver and
my alpha ramdac code, with no luck. But this morning, I was able to get
output:

-S3 Vision 968 chipset/accel
-IBMRGB 52x ramdac/clock (hope to commit soon, when timing problems are
fixed and Paul Sargant's code for the later ramdacs is fixed so it compiles
again)
-Multisync driver (Mag 17T)

setting fbcon's default to 800x600x32 and changing the SID in the S3 driver
got me working (blurry) output! demo worked to the same point that it did on
vga, mandel confused and hung the computer.

Anyways, I just thought that I would share the good news!

-David Waite