  From: Johan Karlberg <wlfshmn@failure.ml.org>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 13:02:38 +0200 (CEST)

Re: 3d

On Mon, 17 Aug 1998, Martin Hess wrote:

> I am thinking about helping with the 3d part of GGI. Specifically I would
> like to support the Matrox G200.

I would love G200 support too, problem is that Matrox hasn't realeased any
specs for these cards (except for a "DirectX useage guidlines" paper), but
They have hinted these will be realeased later this fall along with
documentation on their older chipsets (Wich I'm looking forward too
greatly, not having to make guesses and aproximations in my chipset
driver...)

> Where do things stand today on the 3d front? I didn't find anything in the
> sources. Is development active? Is there a strategy in place?

As far as 3D goes, I don't know, are we making a libggi3d, or do we fall
back on mesa?

Ive never actually used mesa, but from what I've heard, it has a large
overhead....

Johan