  From: David Waite <mass@ufl.edu>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sun, 16 Aug 1998 22:42:20 -0400

RE: GRAPHDEV_MAJOR redefined

Neato, this in CVS? =)

I need to make sure I understand CVS, and then I'll up the current version
of the IBM RGB ramdac stuff =)

..of course, its not in working order yet, just able to compile and nice
things like that.

> here is the linux-definition:
> #define GRAPHDEV_MAJOR  29      /* SparcLinux & Linux/68k /dev/fb */
>
> here is the kgi-definition:
> #define GRAPHDEV_MAJOR        60
> #define GRAPHDEV_NAME         "graphic"
>
> any hints how to change this ??

No clue here, I just deleted the major.h line =) I was messing around with a
friend's computer this weekend (actually just his Matrox) and saw the fbcon
module insert. I couldn't get libggi to work, but having the driver load was
very.. inspirational =)

Vga (640x400x1?) didn't work, ramdac freaked out from the looks of it and
monitor fell asleep. Same deal for removing the Matrox driver - ramdac
seemed to freak out, monitor went into sleep.

-David Waite