  From: Rodolphe Ortalo <ortalo@laas.fr>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Mon, 3 Aug 1998 11:24:43 +0200

Re: New event type of gwt-only event ?

>> >  sooner or later (maybe in the middle :-), I will have to provide
>> >  a new event type within libgwt. (GWT=Generic Windowing Toolkit, so
>> >  you may guess that this event will be something like a WINDOW_EXPOSED
>> >  event).
>>
>> Such an event already exists in the devel repository: evExpose.
>> At least the fbdev target generates it (on VT switch-back), I don't know
>> about the X targets or whatever.  It includes (x,y) and (w,h) fields
>> which say what part was exposed.
>
>Obviously an evExpose event will be generated on switch-back,
>but have we decided how switch-aways will be handled?

Furthermore, I'm not sure this evExpose event is really suitable for
libgwt... I would like to send to the application a gwt_region_t for
the update. I can do with a single rectangle in evExpose for the moment
(I will send several events if needed), but in the long term it may be
more intelligent to have a new event... How is it possible to
define extension-lib-specific events ?

Rodolphe