  From: Brian Julin <bri@forcade.calyx.net>
  To  : James A Simmons <jsimmons@acsu.buffalo.edu>
  Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 09:54:19 -0400 (EDT)

Re: ATI driver developement?

On Fri, 14 Aug 1998, James A Simmons wrote:

> Is anyone working on the ATI Mach64 card? If not i am willing to work on

Noone has generated any substantial code for the Mach64 lately -- feel
free.

> it. I already ask for docs from ATI. Waiting for a response. Also ATI Mach
> 64 cards are standards on low end SUN's and PowerPPC. A blow to the old
> story that ggi only works for ix86. I am determine to change this. Thanks

Cool.  The Mach64 is far removed from the Mach32 and lower, but
you might want to take a look at the header files for older ATI
cards on my WWW pages.  http://www.calyx.com/~bri/projects/GGI

(I'll be writing the drivers for everything up to the Mach32 after
I'm done with my overhaul of the WD drivers.  I've been slowly
accumulating test cards -- got just about every 28800 in existance right
now.  Anyone know where I can get a wd90c11?)

VGADOC4b seems to have a relatively complete register listing for the Mach64;
should hold you over till you get docs from ATI.

--
Brian S. Julin