  From: Marcus Sundberg <e94_msu@elixir.e.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 18:11:34 +0200

SVGAlib wrapper now actually works!

I've hacked the svgalib wrapper so that it:
* Works with the current libggi
* Supports vga_setlinearaddressing() through DirectBuffer
* Uses the label entry to map key-events to scancodes
  instead of assuming that the code entry is a SVGAlib scancode
* Rewrote the mouse-event handling so that it actually works.
  It now also supports absolute pointer events.

With these changes the svgalib version of Dumb now runs fine
on libggi's X-target (yeah it's kind of bizzare to do this as
there's both a native X and a GGI-version of Dumb ;-)

The native X version of Dumb gives 15.8 fps in 640x480x16 on my
box, and the SVGAlib version gives 14.4 fps when running in the
same resolution on our SVGAlib wrapper, running on the X-target!

This is _very_ impressing considering that the SVGAlib-wrapper
runs in SYNC mode (for natural reasons) and thus copys the ximage
to the screen 20 times/s.

(Actually I'm thinking of adding an ASYNC mode to the SVGAlib-
wrapper, which would call ggiFlush() in either vga_waitretrace()
or one of the event-handling functions. It would probably improve
some apps at least.)