  From: Chris Meadors <cmeadors@acc7.ac.cc.md.us>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Thu, 13 Aug 1998 03:14:13 -0400

Re: the new-page

>i just had a look at the new-page  (www.ggi-project.org/new/) of our site.
>think this is a very nice click-bar. i like it.
>is there someone who converts our old pages to this new design ??
>who has created this click-bar ??

Well it now appears that I'm getting all my mail from the mailing list (for
a long while my college seemed to be only giving me 1/200th of my mail).  So
that is a good thing.  In the mean time I have been working on a couple more
page layouts (in Windows, so I haven't uploaded them yet), and trying to
read as much of the list and I could from the web site.

But you actually like the bar?  I don't like how it rendered in Lynx (but I
have fixed it on my local pages).  I think I'm going to change the buttons
to be:  News, Users, Developers, Documentation, and About.  Then have
sub-sections under all of those.  News will just have the older news (the
newest news will be on the main page).  Users will have end user stuff,
demos, perhaps packaged (.deb, .rpm) libs (when then are stable enough).
Developers will have the developer resources.  Documentation will have the
html versions of the docs in the source tree along with any other
documentation that is useful.  About will have info about the project,
goals, contacts, sponcers, what not.

What ever graphic interface I decide on that will be the general site
layout.

Thank you for your comments, I do agree that some of the buttons were hard
to read, and will have that solved if I go with that interface.  I promiss
I'll upload my other designs soon.

Thanks,
Chris