  From: Marcus Sundberg <e94_msu@elixir.e.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 23:04:20 +0200

Re: unable to open default visual

> Hi all-
> I'm attempting to use libGGI.  I downloaded the development sources from
> 8/11 and libggi compiles fine, but when I try to run the demo program under
> X, I get "unable to open default visual".  Any suggestions?  I have gotten
> previous versions of libGGI to work.
>
> This raises a more general question:  Should I even be using the
> development sources?  The reason I tried those was because it seems I need
> some functions that are only in libggi2d (such as ggiSetClip, ggiScroll,
> ggiBlit and some combination of ggiSetOperator,ggiSetAlpha,ggiBlitTrans,
> and ggiBlitOp).  But libggi2d is only in the development sources.  Is this
> functionality somewhere else in a stable distribution or am I correct in
> using the development sources?

First of all, as you may have seen on the mailinglist libggi is in
quite a flux right now, so the devel tree should not be used until
we have stableized it somewhat.

Secondly, most of the functionality that you want in libggi2d is
on the TODO list, so you'll have to either wait for it to be
implemented or, preferedly ;), have a look at it and help with
implementing it.

        Marcus Sundberg        | http://www.stacken.kth.se/~mackan
       Stockholm, Sweden       |      E-Mail: e94_msu@e.kth.se