  From: Andrew Apted <ajapted@netspace.net.au>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 15:28:45 +1000

LibGGI clipping internals

While we're busily upgrading libggi's gizzards, I'd like to rework the
way non-clipping functions work, as follows :

  a) Instead of just the "_" prefix (which is rather meaningless), have
     a suffix of "_nc" (nc == non clipping).  Thus _drawpixel becomes
     drawpixel_nc.

  b) Add a putpixel_nc function to opdraw.

  c) Update generic-stubs such that the only drawing functions that a
     target HAS to implement is: putpixel_nc & getpixel.  This is handy
     when prototyping a new target.  (Of course the other stuff SHOULD
     be implemented to get half-decent performance).

Any objections ?

Cheers,
                                               \  /
  Andrew Apted   <andrew@ggi-project.org>       \/