  From: Rodolphe Ortalo <ortalo@laas.fr>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 15:38:25 +0200

Re: kgicon problems...

>On Tue, 11 Aug 1998, Rodolphe Ortalo wrote:
>
>> Okay, but, well, I also get an oops (on the 0xc###### adress) when
>> I 'insert' my kgicon driver. So, what's the real problem ? A bug in
>> ioremap ?
>
>Is it an oops on the 0xc####### address (note that c is the eighth
>digit, rather important.) or is it an oops on some address higher
>than the one returned by ioremap ??  If the latter then fbcon
>is maybe trying to access memory beyond the end of your framebuffer.

Yes, c is the eighth digit. (I meant 0xc##...##) Well, I will have
to do some hard debugging some day (but, well, first libgwt, so...)
I have only 2Mb of memory, but I doubt that fbcon goes so deep in the
framebuffer with a 640x480 mode...

Well, no other idea.
Maybe we could try to gather some information concerning all the
card drivers affected by this bug.. (Others: feedback ?)

Rodolphe