  From: Steve Cheng <elmert@ipoline.com>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 22:24:23 -0400 (EDT)

Re: Big changes to CVS tree

On Tue, 11 Aug 1998, Marcus Sundberg wrote:

> Hmm, the LIBGGI_FB_WIDTH/HEIGHT were refering to entries of the old ggi_info
> struct. We should probably remove them completely to prevent confusion.

Why?  It is just shorthand for vis->mode->visible.x/y.  I complained because
it was set visible.x/y rather than virt.x/y, which was obviously wrong.

> > #define LIBGGI_FB_STRIDE(vis) (LIBGGI_APPBUFS(vis)[vis->curframe]->buffer.plb.stride)

> Please adopt Andrew's soon to be used sheme and use:
> vis->[drw]_frame->buffer.plb.stride
> ( [drw] as in regexp, not indexing an array ;)

You mean LIBGGI_FB_[RW]_STRIDE ?
But all frames are assumed to have the same mode anyway.
Just vis->w_frame->buffer.plb.stride is sufficient.

The other thing I found out about stride... it is not easy to make
driver-libs use it properly, they all do

(uint16*)LIBGGI_CURWRITE(vis) + y*LIBGGI_FB_WIDTH(vis) + x....

--
Steve Cheng

email: steve@ggi-project.org
www: <http://shell.ipoline.com/~elmert/>;