  From: Brian Julin <bri@forcade.calyx.net>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 11:49:14 -0400 (EDT)

Re: kgicon problems...

On Mon, 10 Aug 1998, Rodolphe Ortalo wrote:

> Maybe it is relatively easy to fix them, provided that we really
> know what to use ? (is it the physical, virtual adress that kgicon
> wants ?)

It's not kgicon's problem.  kgicon is merely doing what any program
should do when faced with a structure member with type mem_vaddr,
(mode.fb), Unfortunately you'll notice that most of the drivers
stuff a physical address in there and don't do a bus_to_virt,
and then they go and proceed to use mode.fb (knowing it's
a physical address) elsewhere.  The Degas drivers fix this,
but use a totally different structure.

Shouldn't be too hard to check all uses of this member as long
as you chop out the text16 stuff which isn't needed and will
not be used until GGI-console is available and will be
drastically different under GGI-console.  So throw it out.

--
Brian S. Julin