  From: Brian Julin <bri@forcade.calyx.net>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 09:07:08 -0400 (EDT)

Re: kgicon problems...

On Mon, 10 Aug 1998, Andrew Apted wrote:
> No.  This is a bug with the KGI driver not doing the right thing, so the
> KGI driver should be fixed.  bus_to_virt() just doesn't work when the
> physical address is high (e.g. 0xE0000000).

We should put _something_ in here to detect a misfed physical
address until the kgi drivers are all fixed, IMO.

Actually IMO, The Dali drivers are not even worth fixing...
too much code put in there by people who were just cutting their
teeth on group/portable software development.

I'm too wrapped up in the new WD drivers to be mucking with kgicon
drivers, so I hope you're not looking to me to do it.  A hint
to he that does -- just delete vga_text16.inc, don't try to fix
it it's not used by kgicon.

--
Brian S. Julin