  From: Andrew Apted <ajapted@netspace.net.au>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 14:43:26 +1000

Re: kgicon problem

Brian writes:

>  Note though that there is a bug that causes a kernel oops in
>  the fbcon renderer for 1bit modes; probably the same one that
>  happened to people in 8-bit modes when they started lynx.  It
>  happened to me in emacs tho.
>
>  Is this bug fixed under 8-bit modes now?

No, unfortunately.  It looks like the stack is being trashed with the
screen characters -- so I still suspect it is something in the higher
level console code, but I don't know.  (e.g. when running under
"script", the oops seems a lot less likely to happen, as if it were a
race condition somewhere).

Cheers,
                                               \  /
  Andrew Apted   <andrew@ggi-project.org>       \/