  From: Marcus Sundberg <e94_msu@elixir.e.kth.se>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Mon, 10 Aug 1998 01:08:04 +0200

Re: Matrox BIOS upgrades (fwd)

> On Sun, 9 Aug 1998, Marcus Sundberg wrote:
>
> > This reminds me - I grabbed the old autoconfig script from
> > the dali-snapshot, polished it up a bit and fixed it to generate
> > a kgicon compatible .config file.
>
> 	Nice!  Don't forget that I took the autoconfig stuff out of the
> makefile system, though.
>
> > But where shall we put it? degas/config/scripts or somewhere
> > in degas/kgicon ?
>
> 	I'd put it in degas/kgicon/utils/autoconfig.  People are going to
> be downloading kgicon and deleting the rest of Degas, and when that
> happens all the kgicon stuff should still work.  And when kgicon finally
> gets into the kernel, the same situation will exist.

Ok, I've put it in degas/kgicon/utils (files are detectcard, sysinfo and
README.detectcard, the database are in the confdb directory)

I haven't added it to the Makefile, as I'm very busy with libggi right
now and don't know dialog very very. But please everyone, cd into the
degas/kgicon/kgi directory and run ../util/detectcard and see if the
resulting .config file is correct for your card.