  From: Andrew Apted <ajapted@netspace.net.au>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sun, 9 Aug 1998 13:15:30 +1000

Re: kgicon FAQ

Jon writes:

>  	I wrote one up yesterday and sent it to the maintainer of the x86
>  framebuffer HOWTO.  A new version of that howto should be out soon with
>  the kgicon info included.  Here's what I sent him, although he may do
>  some refarmatting and/or trimming and it mill probably be HTML-ized.

Good FAQ !

There's just one thing:

>  	kgicon comes with an 'insert' shell script in the kgi/ directory
>  that will insmod the driver module and call the con2fbmap utility to remap
>  your virtual consoles from the old driver (usually vgacon) to the new
>  kgicon driver.  By default, all VCs are remapped.

People need to use _vgafb_ instead of vgacon, since there is no way to
remap consoles between vgacon and framebuffer devices at the moment
(and FBIOPUT_CON2FBMAP only works for framebuffer consoles).  An extra
paragraph about reconfiguring the kernel to use vgafb would be great.

Moo :-)
                                               \  /
  Andrew Apted   <andrew@ggi-project.org>       \/