  From: Jon M. Taylor <taylorj@ecs.csus.edu>
  Date: Sat, 8 Aug 1998 15:03:12 -0700 (PDT)

Re: Matrox BIOS upgrades (fwd)

	More info....

Jon

---
becoming one with God.'
	- Scientist G. Richard Seed

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 1998 10:19:37 +0200
From: Gerd Knorr <kraxel@goldbach.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de>
To: linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu
Newgroups: lists.linux.kernel
Subject: Re: Matrox BIOS upgrades (Was Re: [patch] vesafb panning: scrollback support and nice speedup)

In lists.linux.kernel you write:

>On Fri, 7 Aug 1998, Michael L. Galbraith wrote:

>> > What version is the Matrox's BIOS? If it's older than v1.8, try upgrading.
>>
>> Have a hot tip handy on how to do that? :)  I didn't see <tap tap tap>
>> anything at the Matrox site.

>Since this is of interest to other Matrox users, I've posted to the linux
>mailing list to get the BIOS upgrades for Matrox cards, go to this URL and
>download the setup342.zip (542k file). You'll need to run it from DOS. :o(

>http://www.matrox.com/mgaweb/drivers/ftp_bios.htm

>This contains versions of BIOSes for most of the Matroxes.

What exactly is in there:

bogomips kraxel /DOSe/drv/matrox.new# strings 8* | grep "IBM"
 IBM COMPATIBLE MATROX/MILLENNIUM  VGA/VBE BIOS (V3.0 )
 IBM COMPATIBLE MATROX/MYSTIQUE  VGA/VBE BIOS (V1.8 )
 IBM COMPATIBLE MATROX/MILLENNIUM II  VGA/VBE BIOS (V1.5 )
 IBM COMPATIBLE MATROX/MYSTIQUE  VGA/VBE BIOS (V1.8 RR )
 IBM COMPATIBLE MATROX/MILLENNIUM II  VGA/VBE BIOS (V1.4 )
 IBM COMPATIBLE MATROX/MGA-G100 VGA/VBE BIOS (V1.4 )
 IBM COMPATIBLE MATROX/MILLENNIUM II  VGA/VBE BIOS (V1.4 RR )
 IBM COMPATIBLE MATROX/MILLENNIUM II  VGA/VBE BIOS (V1.3 RR )
 IBM COMPATIBLE MATROX/MGA-G200 VGA/VBE BIOS (V1.2 )

  Gerd

--
Gerd Knorr <kraxel@cs.tu-berlin.de>

-