  From: Jan Kneschke <Jan.Kneschke@kiel.netsurf.de>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Sat, 8 Aug 1998 01:37:20 +0200 (MEST)

Re: ML problems (And two repeated questions) =)

On Fri, 7 Aug 1998, David Waite wrote:

> >i have done the remove-part for the virge-driver. i will do the same thing
> >for the vision-driver if i have a working platform i can test it on. after
> >this is done i will tell you what i have done it get it working.
> >
> >but please be patient, i don't have plenty of time in the next 2 weeks.
> >
> >thats all
> >  Jan
>
> Just keep me up to date on what you are working on and what is left, I'll
> probably work on it quite a bit over the next two weeks. I'm starting to get
> really anxious to get working support for my card. =)
sure. i'll try the get the vision working with kgicon (no seg-fault) today.
the remove-part is quite simple if it's comparable to the virge.
( i hope so. )

basicly the remove-part consists of three steps :
- putting the card from mmio-only to io/mmio
- restore the registers in "the right order"
- restore the font

> -David Waite

thats all
  Jan

---
       Project: GGI - S3-Vision-driver -- http://www.ggi-project.org/
         -)=  Jan (Weigon) Kneschke -- Kiel -- Northern Germany =(-