  From: Jan Kneschke <Jan.Kneschke@kiel.netsurf.de>
  To  : Jason Ish <jbi130@mail.usask.ca>
  Date: Sat, 8 Aug 1998 01:32:12 +0200 (MEST)

Re: libGGI - OpenBSD

On Sat, 8 Aug 1998, Jason Ish wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I got the patch applied and here is the new output.
>
> jason@foo [~/ggi-cvs/degas/lib/libggi/demos] $ ./demo
> init.c:226: Debugging=255
> init.c:386: Loading driver display-x::0.0
> dl.c:53: hand.handle=0x40017140
> dl.c:60: hand.init=0x0
> dl.c:61: hand.cleanup=0x0
> dl.c:63: dlerror: No such file or directory
> dl.c:89: 0x0=_ggiLoadDL("/opt/lib/ggi/display/X.so")
> dl.c:197: ZAPDL call: 0x7000 0x8004
> dl.c:197: ZAPDL call: 0x7000 0x8084
> dl.c:197: ZAPDL call: 0x7000 0xb004
> dl.c:197: ZAPDL call: 0x7000 0x6b84
> init.c:386: Loading driver display-KGI:/dev/graphic
>
> I take it that the dlerror, is that no libdl or libdld are found and
> they are nowhere to be found on OpenBSD.  I imagine T. Fries knows a way
> around this but I do not.
i think the problems is somewhere else. a libdl is found on your system.
otherwise you had got a compile-error and link-error. the problem is that
we can open the file (we got a handle [hand.handle is non-zero]), but if we
try to read from the file we get a 'No such file or directory'. that's
strange...

> Jason

thats all
  Jan

---
       Project: GGI - S3-Vision-driver -- http://www.ggi-project.org/
         -)=  Jan (Weigon) Kneschke -- Kiel -- Northern Germany =(-