  From: Sengan Baring-Gould <sengan@seqnet.net>
  To  : ggi-develop@eskimo.com
  Date: Fri, 07 Aug 1998 22:00:10 -0600

Re: ggiGetPixelFormat and proposed new DirectBuffer scheme

Emmanuel Marty wrote:

> Marcus Sundberg wrote:
>
> > But IIRC we have some old Amiga coders (Emmanuel? ;) here with
> > experience of such things, so it shouldn't be a problem, right?
>
> Yup, I have been following the discussion somehow and didn't comment
> since it was correct :)
>
> On 68K you can do :
>
> ror.w #8,d0        ; Exchange bits 0-7 & 8-15
> swap d0            ; Exchange hi and low 16 bits
> ror.w #8,d0        ; Exchange bits 0-7 & 8-15 again

Hey dude... That's an Amiga Coder. You need to talk to an Atari ST coder to get
the best 68000 ;-)

movep.l d0, (address)

24 cycles versus ( ror = 6+2n = 6 + 16 = 22 cycles, swap is 4 if I remember
correctly,
making a total of 48 CYCLES (TWICE AS MUCH) for Manu's optimized solution)

Sengan